Tuesday, October 16, 2012

GOING BOLD AND BRIGHT !!!

HELLO everyone my turn today over at 


My first DT layout today is 
 BOLD AND BRIGHT,
which is unusual for me, but I really had fun with it. 
I find it good for my soul to go beyond my comfort zone
 and splash out with something different .

‘LOVE’ 
I snapped This pic  of Ella Jai last Xmas while she was captivated
and absorbed  in one of her presents .

I wanted to create a bright and happy page
 to embrace the beautiful  memories .
I just adore these Cherry blossoms, 
and the splashes of hot pink  look so divine with the rich orange roses. 




My handy tip
I pulled some of the orange ROSES  apart to make them look a little like daisies
 and secured them to the page by adding a pink brad in the centre .
Looking closely you will see there are some fully formed orange roses
 mixed with the separated ones I really enjoyed this process..

 GREEN TARA materials used
Pink Cherry blossoms 3cm FLC22P
Orange Roses small 1cm FDR00I0

other items  used
card stock, Basic grey, Bo Bunny papers
Die Cut – Memory Box, Brads – Bella, Washi Tape, Prima stamp – Trellis,
 Tim Holtz stainGesso, Crafters workshop mask, Imaginarium design Chipboard. 

my next layout is DEEP AND RICH .

'ADORE' 
 Such beautiful memories connected with this photo . We were celebrating Ella Jai’s  5th Birthday at the Farm Barn in the Adelaide Hills . Lots of fun was had by all, holding and feeding the animals and then a massive party with delicious food and a huge pink birthday cake .. Ella had the best time !!
  I feel  by combining the beautiful Green Tara blooms with fussy cut leaves and flowers

 creates perfect texture and delight..
 I clustered  the roses and rose buds together, 
hugging the photo amongst the diecut leaves..
here I decided to separate the med size rose petals 
and place them  in a cluster at the bottom of the layout .
 Securing them in place with small pink brads .

GREEN TARA materials
3 cm Roses Ivory  FDRO24Tu
1 cm Roses  mini rose buds FDVO25Iv
Separated  med rose petals with pink brads added to the centre

Other materials used
Raspberry cardstock, Basic grey paper, Prima papers and stamps,
 Die cuts  – hearts  nestabilities ,Die cuts – leaves cottage crafts,
 Kaiser resin blossom, Pink brads Making Memories  
Imaginarium design chipboard, Hamlin transparency, muslin
 Lots of fussy cutting with Basic grey and Prima papers .

and lastly here is another BRIGHT layout I created for 
CSI 
case file #40

'BEAUTIFUL'
I hope I have inspired you to have a play 
with the delectable GREEN TARA BLOOMS 


warm fuzzy hugz for Heather xox

27 comments:

  1. What absolutely gorgeous pages Heather. You are so good at showing off these beautiful flowers and what you've created is so elegant and classy. Love the bold colour. Oh, got the journals today, thanks, now I am going to be busy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwww!!!! I loveeeeee these heather! I love love love the bright bold colors!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWO OOOO WOOW OW WOW....stunning Heather, these are shinning so bright,,, love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just so gorgeous!! I'm in awe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kept scrolling down and the gorgeousness continued, that top one is just sooooooo striking Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather I've already told you a couple of times how much I love these layouts but I'm gonna say it again - LOVE these! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE them all!!!all 3 are totally stunning... seriously how can I not love these... ??? TOO BEAUTIFUL...from the word GO!!..hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous Lo's, my favorite is "Love" adore the pinks and oranges they make a wonderful statement !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG another set of amazing LOs, you are just so creative! My favourite is the middle one, (I think it's one of my all time favourites of yours), but all three of them are just gorgeous, with all of your signature elements that makes your LOs so arty and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work Heather! I adore the first page particularly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FANTASTIC post Heather, gorgeous layouts , great colours & as always fab designs to boot. Love them all.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing Heather, the first one reminds me of frangipinis! such gorgeous colors together! really love these, love your trademark style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all stunning, Heather. I love that zingy pink and orange but I love the fact that you've used the same photo to do two such different looking pages too. It's so hard to choose a favourite between them. I've just been round to my Mum who is also a scrapbooker and showed her your beautiful blog. She oohed and aahed an awful lot!!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunner of a page, Heather! Loving all the brights :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Heather these are amazing! Each one is just so pretty! Love the sewing, the layers, clusters and pics....just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are so talented you make any color combination look magical. bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning LOs Heather - such beautiful designs and fabulous flowers/embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, beautiful creations Heather.......LOVE them all. Beautiful flowers and colours and the most gorgeous embellishments. You are such an inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning work Heather! Love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. u have been a busy girl! Such gorgeous creations!! Looking forward to designing with u over at Meg's Garden XX

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heather,

    That "love" layout is Fabulous! I am not some one who likes pink, but seriously it is a beautiful powerful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What can I add? The girls said it all, your work is always FASCINATING, Heather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh oh oh. Sigh. I wish I could get into your head space to see how you come about creating such wonderful pages. They are simply breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi Heather :) WOW girl these are unreal gorgeous! the colors are so so amazing and the GT flowers just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMGOSH Heather, the more I look through your blog, the more I am thinking you are an artist - your LO's are incredible. So much detail. I love the pink/orange layout - the colours are so striking yet so visually balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simply amazing!! Love your bold use of color!! Your work always inspires!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete