Saturday, September 3, 2011

COME FOR A SHORT WALK WITH ME ....

Today was perfect to spend some time out in my garden, which I adore ... I have a great passion for nature ....I took a few shots and thought I would share, and take you on a short journey through parts of our home and garden. No scrapping today.

I love old wares and I have been collecting them for a long time ... my old Brownie camera and the kitchen scales .... I sometimes wonder about the history and where they came from .... just fascinating to me ....





we are very proud of our handmade cobblestones ... we made these back in 1980, when we couldn't afford to buy bricks, there are 2,000 all together ....AND would you believe that Baden mixed all the cement by hand !!!!!! it is amazing what we can do when we have to improvise !!!!!????? I laid them and some are a little crooked but hey it adds to the charm ... well that's what I say anyway!!!!
we get lots of really nice comments about them as they are quite unique and really in keeping with our old bungalow.




potted colour and some of my fave little statues in my garden...





I love my little statues dotted around the foliage .. MEET PHOEBE ..
I think she is divine !!!!

I love to see the natural green leaves against the bricks.



I found this magnificent site while browsing on the web .. it is called SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY ... it is absolutely amazing ... pop over and take a look .. you will be amazed .. click HERE ..

hope you enjoyed the wander around our home and garden,
I will show more another day.
big hugs from me xoxoxo

26 comments:

  1. your pictures are wonderful ! It looks like a fairy garden !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heather! Your photos are wonderful! I love the old camera! I wish you good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks amazing. I cannot believe you hand made those cobblestones. How clever!
    Fabulous and cannot wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, those cobblestones are amazing. Love the old scales and camera too. Thanks for sharing and also for the lovely comment over on my blog. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Heather, thank you for sharing your beautiful garden with us, those cobblestones look amazing and it all has a magical quality.
    We have almost got our Australia trip planned. I'll email you with dates soon.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend my friend, and I hope you'll show us some more pickies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh it looks so tranquil.. no wonder you can create such beautiful layouts. you live in a beautiful world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this look lovely thanks for the walk...i am not tired at all..lol..
    byeee,lean

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so enjoyed seeing your beautiful things Heather. I love to look at art in a setting like this. My Mom took many good images with her brownie box camera, much better than the ones I take now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather! I love your garden and the cobblestones look wondeful! Thanks for sharing. Have a great Sunday tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is just gorgeous!! And loveeeeeeeeeeeee the story behind the walking stones! That is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that all looks so beautiful Heather. How gorgeous are those hand made cobblestones. Amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. Your garden looks fab to. I too was an avid gardener until I went back to work fulltime, now I have had to hand it over to my hubby. Thanks for sharing a little piece of your world. Cheers Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the little walk around your garden. It is beautiful and oh so peaceful. I love your handmade cobblestones.....just gorgeous and all your little ornaments......so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW heather I agree with all the girls wow your garden is so gorgeous how do you find time to keep it like that as well as produce great layouts like you do!!!!
    Take care
    TONI
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh Heather I absolutely LOVED the tour! Your photos are great too!! I used to love my garden in Zimbabwe but felt so heartsore when we were forced to leave that I have never really got back into it in a big way - you make me wanna visit the nursery NOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my WOW, please show us more! What a beautiful garden! The cobblestones - wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a beautiful place but more importantly, someplace you love! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW your greenery looks beautiful Heather! Love those cobblestones! Thanks so much for sharing...now you have me itching to get out in the garden tomorrow :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have really enjoyed my garden walk! That was my first garden walk ever without actually walking! Those cobblestones look lovely and I agree that they look lovely a bit bumpy and crooked - it's really effective! You guys did such an amazing job by making them! Gorgeous! :D

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, it's so beautiful, Heather and I love your vintage treasures and the cobblestone--so dreamy!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. These pics are fab! I just absolutely love vintage stuff! Those bricks are amazing...what a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Heather, thanks for sharing pics of your garden, so pretty! OMGosh 2000 cobblestones that's amazing and very clever! wouldn't it be incredible to see the pics that have been taken with that brownie! so precious!
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhh see now I know why you create such gorgeous layouts...you are surrounded by beauty & peacefulness! Love your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Your garden is beautiful! I LOVE the cobblestones and statues! Very charming indeed, thanks for the lift! take care...xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh so pretty! I love your handmade cobblestones and the lovely garden statuary! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the tour! Gardening, and nature in general, are passions of mine! Your garden is lovely, especially those handmade cobblestones! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your garden is lovely! I love the pretty statues! Your Create art is gorgeous, too...love the soft colors! ♥

    ReplyDelete